Hastings Family Service assists families in school district 200 who are struggling with the cost of school supplies and helps them with this extra financial burden.
Receiving School Supply Assistance
Call 651-437-7134 to schedule an appointment starting Monday, August 10
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the School Supply Assistance program will be modified this year. Families are asked to call 651-437-7134 to schedule an appointment starting Monday, August 10. Prepacked backpacks will be distributed to students through a safe, confidential drive-thru appointment.
Drive-Thru Pick Up Days and Times (appointment required):
- Tuesday, August 18, 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 19, 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 20, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 25, 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 26, 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 27, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Supporting School Supply Assistance
Hastings Family Service welcomes your donation of new school supply items. A bin for school supply donations will be available for drop off at our Donation Center doors at 301 Second Street East 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday.
Most Needed School Supplies:
- Character backpacks for elementary students (no wheels; must fit snowpants)
- Larger, plain backpacks for middle and high school students
- Colored pencils
- Mechanical pencils
- Red pens
- Notebooks (both college and wide ruled)