Hastings Family Service assists families in school district 200 who are struggling with the cost of school supplies and helps them with this extra financial burden.
Receiving School Supply Assistance
School supplies will be distributed August 20-22 and August 26-27, 2019. Appointments can be made by calling 651-437-7134 starting August 13th.
To receive school supplies, the parent or guardian is required to show a picture ID and a current piece of mail postmarked within two weeks or a current utility bill. They must also have knowledge of income and expenses for the household. For each child receiving supplies, proof of enrollment in school is required. If a child is attending school outside of ISD 200, the proof of enrollment MUST show a home address within our service area.
Supporting School Supply Assistance
Hastings Family Service welcomes your donation of new school supply items at our Donation Center at 301 Second Street East.
Most Needed School Supplies:
- Large Backpacks (no wheels; must fit snowpants)
- Pencil Sharpeners
- Sturdy folders in basic colors
- Earbuds and Headphones
- TI-30XS Multiview and TI-30XIIS Calculators
- Pencil Pouches and Pencil Boxes
- Sheet Protectors and Tab Dividers
- Composition Notebooks (wide or college ruled)
- Black Sharpies
- Red Pens
- Character Backpacks
- 1.5-inch Black and Blue 3-Ring Binders
- Dry Erase Markers